[lwscologne] Invitation to the Agile Lab Final Presentation, Friday 15:00, B-IT

  • From: Daniel Speicher <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lwscologne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 17:34:50 +0200

Hallo zusammen,

falls jemand am Freitag zufällig in Bonn ist, Zeit hat und sich dafür
interessiert wie wir mit den Studenten Kanban betreiben.

Der Einfluss der lwscologne ist auf unsere Kurse ist nicht unerheblich.
So haben wir einiges von Michael Mahlberg (dieses Jahr und schon früher)
und Matthias Bohlen (vor zwei Jahren) lernen dürfen.

Viele Grüße,
Daniel Speicher

Hier die offizielle Einladung:

Dear colleagues, dear students, dear friends,

This year's Agile Lab has been working hard for the last four weeks and
is eager to present the results in a final presentation and celebration.
 We invite you to join us and see what we did this time.

What did we develop? Staying aware of the current contributions of other
members in a team is difficult. Keeping the motivation of newcomers and
experienced contributers alive - especially in open source development -
is a challenge. We developed and extended plugins to the eclipse
integrated development environment that support the team in staying
aware of the other team members contributions. Individual achievements
are recognized by the plugins. And last but not least, we will present a
first approach to transform the tedious task of increasing the test
coverage into an engaging challenge for the team.

How did we develop? The process evolved over the years including
elements from Extreme Programming, Scrum and finally Kanban. As already
a few times before we got new improvement suggestions from an external
consultant.  This year the students mastered eclipse development in Java
and test creation in Groovy using the Spock framework.

We are looking forward to welcome you on:

  Friday, Sept. 20th, 2013,
  at 3 pm

  at B-IT Center
  Dahlmannstr. 2
  Lecture hall

Sincerely,
Jan Nonnen, Daniel Speicher and the Agile Team 2013

P.S.: We just realized that our department now offers the Extreme
Programming / Agile / Kanban courses for 10 years now.

--
Daniel Speicher                                     University of Bonn
+49 (0228) 73-4315                   Institute of Computer Science III