[Lugge] gsensor

  • From: ste <somaglia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lugge@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:32:34 +0200

Ciao a tutti ma in particolare a ROBANG,
        ho provato velocemente ad installare gsensor scaricandomi la
documentazione
al link di Roberto.
Premetto che non ho ricompilato lm_sensor perchè , utilizzando RED HAT 7.1 lo
avevo già installato di default.
Ho quindi saltato l'esecuzione di mkdev.sh pensando che fosse già tutto a
posto (inoltre non riesco a trovarla).
Ho eseguito invece sensors-detect, ma questo è quello che è successo,
suggerimenti ?:

------------------------------------
[root@localhost sbin]# ./sensors-detect
Illegal hexadecimal digit 'u' ignored at ./sensors-detect line 793,
<INPUTFILE> line 5.
Illegal hexadecimal digit 'u' ignored at ./sensors-detect line 793,
<INPUTFILE> line 6.
Illegal hexadecimal digit 'v' ignored at ./sensors-detect line 793,
<INPUTFILE> line 8.
 This program will help you to determine which I2C/SMBus modules you need to
 load to use lm_sensors most effectively.
 You need to have done a `make install', issued a `depmod -a' and made sure
 `/etc/conf.modules' (or `/etc/modules.conf') contains the appropriate
 module path before you can use some functions of this utility. Read
 doc/modules for more information.
 Also, you need to be `root', or at least have access to the /dev/i2c[-]*
files
 for some things. You can use prog/mkdev/mkdev.sh to create these /dev files
 if you do not have them already.
 If you have patched your kernel and have some drivers built-in you can
 safely answer NO if asked to load some modules. In this case, things may
 seem a bit confusing, but they will still work.

 We can start with probing for (PCI) I2C or SMBus adapters.
 You do not need any special privileges for this.
 Do you want to probe now? (YES/no): y
Probing for PCI bus adapters...
Use driver `i2c-viapro' for device 00:07.4: VIA Technologies VT 82C686 Apollo
ACPI
Use driver `i2c-riva' for device 01:00.0: RIVA UVTNT2
Probe succesfully concluded.

 We will now try to load each adapter module in turn.
Load `i2c-viapro' (say NO if built into your kernel)? (YES/no): y
Can't exec "modprobe": No such file or directory at ./sensors-detect line
2325, <STDIN> line 2.
Load `i2c-riva' (say NO if built into your kernel)? (YES/no): no
 Do you now want to be prompted for non-detectable adapters? (yes/NO): y
Load `i2c-elektor' (say NO if built into your kernel)? (YES/no): n
Load `i2c-elv' (say NO if built into your kernel)? (YES/no): n
Load `i2c-philips-par' (say NO if built into your kernel)? (YES/no): n
Load `i2c-velleman' (say NO if built into your kernel)? (YES/no):
[...]

 Do you want to probe now? (YES/no): yes
Probing for PCI bus adapters...
Use driver `i2c-viapro' for device 00:07.4: VIA Technologies VT 82C686 Apollo
ACPI
Use driver `i2c-riva' for device 01:00.0: RIVA UVTNT2
Probe succesfully concluded.

 We will now try to load each adapter module in turn.
Load `i2c-viapro' (say NO if built into your kernel)? (YES/no): n
Load `i2c-riva' (say NO if built into your kernel)? (YES/no): n
 Do you now want to be prompted for non-detectable adapters? (yes/NO): n
 To continue, we need module `i2c-dev' to be loaded.
 If it is built-in into your kernel, you can safely skip this.
 i2c-dev is not loaded. Do you want to load it now? (YES/no): y
Can't exec "modprobe": No such file or directory at ./sensors-detect line
2369, <STDIN> line 5.

 We are now going to do the adapter probings. Some adapters may hang halfway
 through; we can't really help that. Also, some chips will be double
 detected; we choose the one with the highest confidence value in that case.
 If you found that the adapter hung after probing a certain address, you can
 specify that address to remain unprobed. If you have a PIIX4, that often
 includes addresses 0x69 and/or 0x6a.
Couldn't open /proc/bus/i2c?!? at ./sensors-detect line 2397, <STDIN> line 5.
[root@localhost sbin]#

SOMAGLIA STEFANO

somaglia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
stefano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Prima di scrivere in m-list per favore leggi il regolamento
 http://lugge.ziobudda.net/benvenuto.html