[Lugge] Re: [Debian] Installazione

  • From: Roberto A.F. <robang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lugge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 19:29:55 +0200

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 17:45:40 -0500 (EST)
lurker_luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Un Saluto a tutti quelli che leggono e partecipano alla Mailing!

 Grazie!
 :D

 Spero che il mail qua sotto possa ritornarti utile.
 Sicurament il file di log di XFree potrebbe darci delucidazioni.

> Usando il comando :
> (dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86)
> ho provato a modificare la configurazione del server X ma ancora
> niente, allora ho provato con (modconf) a caricare i moduli della
> scheda video, ed ancora niente uff. non so + che fare.
>
> Mi aiutate Please!! La configurazione del mio pc di casa e' la
> seguente :

 [cut]

> La scheda video e' una ATI - Radeon  - VE - DDR

 [cut]

 I've got a Radeon VE running on my system.  And all that is is a
modified
Radeon 7500 with some extra ports.  I have the testing version of X
running on it just fine.  Here is a few parts of my XF86Config-4 file.

Section "Module"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "pex5"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "xie"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Radeon VE"
        Driver          "ati"
EndSection

This works just fine and was set up by dexconf.  You should do a dpkg
--reconfigure of the X project.  This is what I have working.  You
should also make sure that your not using the frame buffer.  When I was
trying to use the frame buffer it didnt work.  So make sure it is
disabled.  Other than that you should be good.

--
-Scott Henson

--
   ||_)   ||\    ||_   /      Proud Member & Master of the LUGGE   |