Re: segfaults on OS X with latest HEAD

  • From: Richard Hundt <richardhundt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 15:08:55 +0200

On Aug 2, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Mike Pall wrote:

> Richard Hundt wrote:
>> On Aug 2, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Mike Pall wrote:
>>>
>>> I bet it's those semi-broken SSE optimizations Apple added to
>>> their GCC ... Can you try to remove the 'LJ_ALIGN(8)' for the
>>> CCallState in lj_ccall.h and try again?
>>
>> Yep, that did the trick.
>
> Does it break on OSX 32 bit, too, without the change?

Nope. I compiled with gcc -m32 and it's happy. Removing -m32 and it breaks
again. Although it's supposed to be possible to boot OS X into a 32 bit kernel,
I'm not sure if that's what you meant (it didn't seem to work with the key
combo during boot up, but it can be done using systemsetup too, so let me know
if that's what you need).