Re: readline support + history in interactive mode

  • From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:00:11 +0700

14.03.2013 19:00, Justin Cormack пишет:

> On 14 Mar 2013 11:36, "Paulo Matias" <syscoder@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:syscoder@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:26 AM, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov
> <mva@xxxxxxxx <mailto:mva@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>> > But I very, VERY miss history in interactive mode. And I also use LuaJIT
>> > instead (not together) of plain Lua, so I unable to use plain Lua for
>> > interactive mode ;)
>>
>> The attached quick&dirty patch adds history support to LuaJIT using
>> linenoise (included in the patch). I have tested it in Android and
>> GNU/Linux builds.
>>
>> Note: you need to run the following after applying the patch:
>> cd src && make depend
>
> I have also used luap from here
> http://www.nongnu.org/techne/lua/luaprompt/ which means no patching plus
> some nice features like pretty printing.
>
> Justin

I just discovered that it:
1) doesn't understand "=" (at the line beginning) as "return", which is
not a big issue itself, but:
2) it tries to open "~/.lua_history" (sic!). It doesn't expand it to
$HOME/.lua_history and so then get ENOENT.

And, it seems, it is no issue tracker and VCS repository for luap :(