Re: optimal settings (jit.opt) and tips for a large codebase?

  • From: Elias Hogstvedt <eliashogstvedt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 00:35:41 +0200

oops, i didn't finish typing...

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Elias Hogstvedt <eliashogstvedt@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I have a fairly large game engine project written in entirely in luajit
and I'm having some performance issues when rendering complex scenes.

Things that help so far:
increase maxmcode and apply the attached patch or else performance will be
very poor. (for instance a scene that renders at 70 fps will drop down to 5
if I don't)
The patch was posted here which solves some issue with unions not
compiling properly. See
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.luajit/5489 for more info.

Luajit seems to perform nicely but I'm running into some issues where
everything would slow down