need to do some xml manipulation

  • From: William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 00:11:25 +0000

This isn't exactly an announcement, but for those of you who might be doing any
XML manipulation, I've added some native lua 'parsing' to the Laphlibs:
https://github.com/Wiladams/LAPHLibs It's called luxl.lua If you're familiar
with things like pico xml and tiny xml, it stems from that. My criteria were
things like:Do no allocationsDeal with straight 0 based buffers (like coming
off the net)Be a pull model parserExpose an iterator model I say it's not a
'parser' because a real XML parser is quite a beast.  Luxl can scan through a
lot of simple xml files, the kind that are typically found while doing quick
exchanges of data, and the like. My particular needs are dealing with XSD, and
SAML, but it works find for lots of other things. If you need more robust
validation parsing, you could build atop this. The benefit I see to such a
thing is that there's no interop.  I don't have to carry along a .c file and
worry about how to build the same on all sorts of other platforms.  It's small
(less than 400 lines), and relatively simple to use: At any rate, give it a try
if you like.

- Shaping clay is easier than digging it out of the ground.

http://williamaadams.wordpress.com
http://www.thingiverse.com/WilliamAAdams
https://github.com/Wiladams