luajit push_string out of memory

  • From: Sung Park <spark0820@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:58:29 -0700

Hello,
I have been getting wonderful performance boost using luajit but just
encountered a problem and wondering anybody has seen this problem before.

I have a large size string (around 200 MB) that I am trying to push to
luajit from C++ side.  Whenever I try to pass the string using
lua_pushstring, I get "out of memory" from luajit side with the error
message pushed onto the stack.  Is there a preconfigure limit on how much
data can be pushed to luajit side?  If so, I'm wondering if there is a way
to configure it runtime or compile time.   Also I would appreciate it if
anybody can share any good suggestions on pushing large size string across
C++/luajit boundary.  Thanks.

Regards,
Sung