Re: function to check if a symbol in a library exists or not

  • From: Coda Highland <chighland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:11:51 -0700

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Cosmin Apreutesei
<cosmin.apreutesei@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This sounds like a bloody awful design on Cairo's part: Why should
>> there be an allegedly-cross-platform API that changes its API based on
>> the available features?
>
> The API is the same for all backends except for the drawing surface
> constructors (and a few extensions) which take specific arguments,
> just like in OOP.

Oh, I see. It's just a question of choosing the surface, not of
actually using the library. That does make quite a bit more sense,
although IMO it would be better if Cairo exposed some sort of feature
detection functions instead of making you rely on the presence or
absence of a symbol at link time / load time...

/s/ Adam