Re: Xcb luajit bindings exist?

  • From: Sean Conner <sean@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 20:59:54 -0400

It was thus said that the Great Cosmin Apreutesei once stated:

- Due to using cqueues:

Am I alone in thinking that HTTP (or any protocol) should be a pure Lua
library with no dependencies that should work over user-provided read()
and write() functions (plus utilities like compress(), decompress(), md5()
etc) ?

I think that could work. I know I took that approach for my DNS library
[1] where the networking portion really isn't there---all my code does is
encode (queries) and decode (practically everything but the
encryption-related stuff) DNS packets.

Yes, I would think that a supplied read() and write() can handle all the
networking stuff behind the scenes, even including the multiplexed
connections (not that I think it would be easy, but possible).

Raise your hand if you're sharing my aversion to frameworks and
kitchen-sink libraries :)

\
\0
|\