Re: Turning Lua into C++ (was: alleviate the load of the GC)

  • From: Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,Mike Pall <mikelj-1509@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 09:43:32 -0500

Sharpening their claws?

Trust me, I've seen crazier proposals for languages that still have management!

On September 2, 2015 7:16:09 AM CDT, Mike Pall <mikelj-1509@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Laurent Deniau wrote:
<note>
I know that language extension for Lua should be discussed on Lua
mailing list, but since the project (if the transition from Mike to the
community succeeds) will be more open than ever, it might be also
interesting to make proposals for the evolution of Lua(JIT) through
tested implementation in LuaJIT. This is common in the C++ world, that
the ISO committee prefers to adopt new proposals where feasibility
demonstration exists. It means that someone already tackled the
details...
</note>

Uh oh. Brace yourselves ...

Language design needs taste and experience. Sadly, most people and
committees lack that. Any you know, the road to hell is paved with
good intentions.

It looks like there's already a contest going on about the best way
to hijack and destroy LuaJIT with the most atrocious and hazardous
changes.

I could't possibly anticipate how fast things would go downhill
without leadership. The raptors can sense the void. They're already
sharpening their claws at the portal.

I'm outta here in a couple of days. Good luck. You'll need it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.