Re: Suggestion: additional top-level goal for transition period

  • From: demetri <demetri.spanos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 18:13:50 -0700

Here is a crazy idea. If someone is to port a rather well established
project to lua [snip]

I think this would be a great addition to the test suite already in
preparation, but perhaps I have misunderstood you: as far as I can
tell this wouldn't involve any work on LuaJIT itself. To put it another
way, I don't see how doing this (valuable, I agree) project proves that
we can continue feature development on LuaJIT internals.

Do you mean, perhaps, working on some specific LuaJIT feature that
would, for example, help optimize code for such a port of (say) sqlite?
If so what features (from the issue tracker or otherwise) do you think
might be helpful in that regard?

Or if I've just misunderstood you entirely please feel free to
correct me :)

Cheers,
Demetri