RE: Suggestion: additional top-level goal for transition period

  • From: William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 21:38:31 +0000

________________________________

Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 13:52:48 -0700
Subject: Suggestion: additional top-level goal for transition period
From: demetri.spanos@xxxxxxxxx
To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would be interested to hear from others who might be
interested in taking on such a project, and if so, which
projects you think might be best. My own lack of familiarity
with JIT internals colors my opinion, but the project that
strikes me as the best combination of useful + isolated +
easy to start + easy-ish to evaluate + ambitious is Issue #5,
improving the pointer hash.

My favorite would be #14, String Buffer API
https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT/issues/14

Very useful for network, and other programming, fairly involved,
will have good impact and demonstrate ability to make
significant changes.