Re: Static lib Linker error under win32

  • From: rob <rob.mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 13:53:23 +0200

Hi,

Let me explain.

I'm using PureBasic, which links against msvcrt. If I compile LuaJit, it pulls in either visual studio symbols, e.g. a msvc version according to the Visual studio version I'm using, or MinGW pulling in MsvcRt plus LibGCC. So, I would have to use the static lib versions of these, overwrite the PB Msvcrt symbols or depend on a Visual Studio dll dependency, in which case I might as well just use the dll version of LuaJit.

As you see sadly it is fairly complex and having almost no knowledge of linking properly in C does not help :)

So for now I'm just using the dynamic version, but one day I should sit down and figure this out...

Rob

On 07/08/2012 13:34, Mike Pall wrote:
rob wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not using C to compile my code, and since at
compile time it includes MsvCRT this would mean a serious conflict.
Sadly for static compiling I'll have to use Lua instead.
This doesn't make sense. Lua is written in C and LuaJIT is written
in C. You *need* to link against a C library, anyway.

--Mike