Re: Static lib Linker error under win32

  • From: rob <rob.mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 13:10:01 +0200

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not using C to compile my code, and since at compile time it includes MsvCRT this would mean a serious conflict. Sadly for static compiling I'll have to use Lua instead.

Thanks for the help!

Rob

On 03/08/2012 18:01, Jay Carlson wrote:
On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Mike Pall wrote:

rob wrote:
Umm, you're not including libgcc in your static link?
Shouldn't LuaJit's makefile link to all dependencies, e.g. libgcc,
msvcrt, etc? I'd assume getting a static library that includes every
dependent lib.
Static libraries include missing symbols, but not dependencies.
Also, libgcc is an implicit dependency for some (but not all)
GCC-generated code. So if you use GCC for linking it ought to be
included, anyway.
Let me put it another way:

If you have compiled your code with gcc, the name of the linker *is* "gcc".

Invoking some other program (like ld) can get you into some serious
platform-specific weeds. You may still end up there by putting in
-Xl,--gc-sections or whatever, but gcc is where you should start.

Jay