Re: Stack unwinding problem on Solaris x64

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1208@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 14:44:04 +0200

Dmitri Shubin wrote:
> Am I missing something and GCC unwinder is right?

Your analysis sounds correct, but I'm not sure which compiler is
right. I've implemented the unwinding according to the C++
unwinding code in libstdc++ from GCC -- that seemed to work.

This follows the principle that GCC is always right when it comes
to the ABI. In a couple cases they changed the ABI docs to match
what GCC actually does. :-)

Maybe there's some previous discussion about this issue with
_Unwind_GetCFA() out there?

--Mike