Re: Performance implications of large FFI constants

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1209@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:42:49 +0200

Peter Colberg wrote:
> Could one define non-integral constants more efficiently as well,
> without resorting to a Lua table on top of a C library namespace?

Sorry, no. 'static const' is restricted to integers right now.

> Is there a better way of binding the above with LuaJIT?

I guess not. For an API that ugly, one would probably want to
copy-and-paste the #define mess.

Alas, implementing C pre-processor defines and macros is still on
my TODO list. But I don't think it'll make it for LuaJIT 2.0.0.
Maybe in a later dot release, since it's upwards-compatible. Or,
more likely, in LuaJIT 2.1.