Re: PPC64le port status

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1505@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 15:16:14 +0200

Caio Souza Oliveira wrote:

We also would like to know what do you think about our work so
far. Do you have any comment about the patches we've sent?

Well, you're asking publicly, so I respond publicly.

Your submission had a depressingly low quality. No understanding
of the surrounding code. Definitely unskilled in PPC assembler.
Overall, an inefficient mess ... very sad. (*)

I've started to clean it up, but noticed I was basically doing a
complete rewrite. Or, in other words, doing the port myself,
except not having the time for this and not getting paid for it.
That's when I stopped.

(*) If anyone doubts this: I can prove every single point, if needed.

--Mike