[ANN] Lupa - syntactic salt for LuaJIT

  • From: Richard Hundt <richardhundt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 22:44:16 +0200

Hi List,

I've been experimenting with this little language for a while now and it's
getting to the point where I think it might be of interest to some early
experimenters.

It's up at:

https://github.com/richardhundt/lupa

It's essentially a large LPeg substitution capture which parses Lupa and
produces Lua source and runs it. I've added quite a bit of fat to it by making
all operators method calls, adding runtime guards and such, and it's still
about 1000x faster than Perl :)

However this also means that some of you would probably cringe at the overhead
- especially if you've invested the past couple of years making LuaJIT as
efficient as possible ;)

Nevertheless, there it is. It's still lacking a sane test suite and standard
libraries, but it's mostly bootstrapped, and it's pretty easy to tweak the
syntax and semantics if you want to derive your own language from it, or just
experiment.

Feedback, ridicule, questions, and of course, pull requests welcome.

Cheers,
Richard