Luajit crashes when I call lua_error (C++ MSVC x64)

  • From: Mark Tolley <marktolley7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:22:45 +0100

Hi,

I'm running the latest luajit from git compiled for x64 with the Visual Studio 2012 RC.

I'm a first time user of luajit so bear with me, but my understanding is lua_error, lua_call, etc should be throwing C++ exceptions (the website lists msvc x64 as having full exception interoperability).

However I ran into this problem when a lua script called with lua_call raised an error. LuaJit crashed. Using lua_pcall worked as expected but I would rather have an exception thrown.

After experimenting a bit I stripped all my code down to just

lua_State *L = luaL_newstate();
lua_pushliteral(L, "literal");
lua_error(L);

and this is still causing a crash.