Re: LuaJIT x64 limited to 31 bit address space, even without MAP_32BIT restrictions?

  • From: "Cheng, Long" <long.x.cheng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:26:07 +0800

Hi mike:
Can you share more detail on why the 31st bit is not usable? We really want to be able to use more than 2G address space for x64 (with a custom mmap allocator).

Regards
Long
于 2014/1/22 6:54, Mike Pall 写道:
Dan Eloff wrote:
However, if I utilize any address over 2 GB (any address with the 31st bit
set) then I get a segfault in 2.1 git head in what appears to be jitted
code.
No suprise there. I always said the GC-managed memory must be in
the lowest 2 GB of the address space for x64.

[Yes, you can use the full 4 GB in 32 bit mode on x86.]