Re: LuaJIT module announcements

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1205@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 20:13:39 +0200

liam mail wrote:
> I am just wondering what will be the format of announcements for
> LuaJIT modules on this list, will it be similar to lua-l in that they
> are prefixed with "[ANN]"

I would hope so.

> or is this an irrelevant question as they
> will also be announced on lua-l?

That's up to the judgement of the author. But I guess not, since
LuaJIT-only stuff is now off-topic on the Lua mailing list.

> I ask because currently the twitter
> account @LuaLang is set to look for "[ANN] " messages from this list
> and I do not see anything in the mailing list policy.[1]

I've just added a sentence about that.

> [1] I do note that Mike has stated lua-l will be used for LuaJIT releases.

Yes, I'll announce LuaJIT releases on both lists. But I won't copy
module announcements or other LuaJIT-related stuff to the Lua
mailing list.

--Mike