Re: LuaJIT in the Windows kernel?

  • From: "Thomas Harning Jr." <harningt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 22:03:16 -0400

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Oliver Schneider
<luajit-mailinglist@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> has anyone ever tried to get LuaJIT to run in the Windows kernel? The
> question is interesting because in the Windows kernel one shouldn't use
> floating point arithmetic without extra safeguards as it would otherwise
> destroy the floating point state of the current thread.
>
> Has anyone tried it?
>
> Alternatively, is there a way to get completely rid of the floating
> point instructions when compiling LuaJIT?
Haven't tried this, sounds like quite an interesting idea. Perhaps a
workaround that would have the least impact would be to guard all
calls to Lua w/ code to save/restore floating-point state (though this
might be expensive...).

--
Thomas Harning Jr. (http://about.me/harningt)
Please support my wife as she runs her first marathon to raise $2,620 for