Re: LuaJIT for Android

  • From: Fjölnir Ásgeirsson <fjolnir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:59:46 +0900

I used LuaJIT for a game we made at work, and the route I took was to write all
the code directly communicating with Lua in C (after having started out using
luajava), and then just used swig to generate bindings on android(it ran on ios
as well)

So yes, for a game you should definitely be using opensl/gl directly through
NDK.

Its a lot faster than going through luajava/jni for everything.

Best regards,
– Fjölnir