Re: LuaJIT Wiki

  • From: Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 19:16:46 +0200
On 16 Jun 2012, at 16:31, Craig Barnes wrote:

> On 16 June 2012 14:32, Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/16/2012 09:23 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Very strange, have no idea what that was. Rebooting the server seems to have
> fixed it though which makes me think it was an issue the the tcp/ip stack.
>
> Sounds like resource exhaustion (too many open file handles, memory, disk
> space, etc) but I don't know what your config looks like.
>
> --
> Chris
>

> I've also experienced extreme slowness on two separate occasions when I've
> tried to browse the wiki before. It's working fine for me at the moment
> though.
>
> Those crazy Ruby programmers have probably coded a few infinite loops
> somewhere? ;)

Those crazy Ruby programmers decided it'd be a good idea to do reverse DNS
resolution by default… Which is fine except when it can't actually resolve the
IP address and you have to wait for the lookup to time out before serving the
page…

This may have been what was causing issues before. I only fixed that a couple
of days ago.

-Arran