НА: LuaJIT PPC64le Initial Support

  • From: "toden@xxxxxxx" <toden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 14:00:00 +0300

 Kn

----- Reply message -----
От: "Caio Souza Oliveira" <caio.oliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Кому: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Тема: LuaJIT PPC64le Initial Support
Дата: пт, мар 6, 2015 22:41

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. We really appreciated it! I checked
the rework you've done on our code and I've a few remarks to state:
- We decided to keep the JIT and the FFI support disabled while the interpreter
is not fully ported
- I've changed a few stuff in the lj_arch.h file, in order to disable them and
I'll also make some changes in ppc module for DynASM as well. We'll certainly
need parameterized fields for instructions such as sldi and srdi, so we
decided to directly implement them on DynASM.
- In sight of your rework in our patch for relocation in PPC64, we will also
change a few lines of code in our vm_ppc64.dasc file. We changed a bit the
stack layout so it was needed to update lj_frame.h file.
- I also noticed that you enabled GPR64 only for LJ_ARCH_PPC32ON64
architectures. At the moment we need that flag in order to compile the code.
We'll change it by the end of the port.

We're preparing the next patch that will start the interpreter (but not provide
full functionality).

Thank you very much!
Caio Souza Oliveira