Re: LuaJIT 2.0.0 release planning

  • From: Adam Strzelecki <ono@xxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:19:26 +0200

Just wanted to ask if adding on-demand readline support is planned for stable
2.0?

> Quote from status page: "The stand-alone executable cannot be linked with
> readline to enable line editing. It's planned to add support for loading it
> on-demand."

Currently it is real PITA to use luajit console, when switching from regular
lua/bash/irb command line. I know there is ILuaJIT, but it requires alias, and
it is bit clunky. Lack of completion isn't really such an issue, it is just
about at least respecting arrows,pgup,pgup.

I know that the target is to make luajit dependency less. But can we make
readline/libedit (OSX) kind of optional dependency, i.e. adding make READLINE=1
?

Cheers,
--
Adam Strzelecki | nanoant.com | twitter.com/nanoant