Re: Logo and Icon set

  • From: Peter Drahoš <drahosp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 15:20:25 +0200

On 11 May, 2012, at 15:06 , Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> On 11 May 2012, at 12:39, Mike Pall wrote:
>
>> Peter Drahoš wrote:
>>> I am preparing updated icons for distribution of Lua using
>>> LuaDist[1]. While considering what icon to use for LuaJIT I
>>> realized there is no icon or logo associated with LuaJIT. For
>>> the moment I am considering using the labeled Lua logo[2] with
>>> LuaJIT on the orbit, however it would be better to hear your
>>> opinion on this. Perhaps you can come up with a different
>>> logo/icon.
>>
>> I don't like the terms associated with the Lua logo. I drew
>> http://luajit.org/favicon.ico by hand, not particularly thrilled
>> about it. Better use the one from my twitter account, which is
>> simply a screenshot of the upper left corner of the homepage.
>> Oh, well ...
>>

> <luajit_logo.png>
>
> This is what was used for the various auth services.

Thanks,
I have already made the icon[1]. This is shows up as "JIT" on low resolutions
(16x16, 24x24) and "LuaJIT" on higer resolutions (up to 256x256). I took the
liberty to use Mike's Twitter image but as I needed higher resolution of it I
remade it with the original font and colors. This will have to do for now.

pd