[ANN] LLUI - Lua Linux User Interface

  • From: William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 16:44:50 +0000

Take the 'LL' which should make a "Ya" sound, in 'como te llamas', add the
'UI', and you have "You Eye". That's how you pronounce it.

Or, if you're like me, and you forget how clever the naming was, you'll likely
say "Lou EE".

http://github.com/wiladams/LLUI

Basically, a combination of all the UI bindings for Linux I have done of late.
There are still a couple of things missing like xkbcommon and tsm and gbm, but
they'll get there eventually.

The intention here is that you could build just about any kind of UI framework,
Window Manager, or what have you from the ground up on Linux. Various
interesting things will show up in the demos/examples. Also, for those who are
running some form of Linux Server (no 'X'), but still want to generate some
nice interactive graphics UI some times, there you go...

I threw in lzw, and will add a nice networking stack, because 'remote desktop".

So, there you have it. Started out with individual bindings, for those who
like tiny little self contained things, then combined them into a big
conglomeration, for those who like giant all encompassing frameworks, and
throwing in some examples, because 'the code IS the documentation'.

Other than this being neat for Lua, I find it useful as a reference for how to
utilize various APIs, even from C.

-- William

- Shaping clay is easier than digging it out of the ground.