[ANN]LJIT2Win32

  • From: William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 13:01:29 +0000

I've been working on Win32 bindings, so if you're interested, you can take a
look this:

On GitHub: https://github.com/Wiladams/LJIT2Win32

A series of blog
entries: http://williamaadams.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/simplified-api-development-part-4-wrapping-up/

In the blog series, I talk about the philosophy of how I am going about the
design of the interfaces.  In general, I'm following a similar approach to what
lysyscall takes, returning a bool for success/fail, or the value, followed by
error if any.  The interfaces do not fully reflect what I wrote, but that's the
direction I'm going.

I also do not exhaustively implement everything in the APIs.  I'm going after
the core of Win32:
Kernel, GDI, User, WinSock, and I first implement what I've actually been
using.  I'll probably never implement things like APIs that are DOS specific,
or obsolete, or meant for ITanium only...

This repository might be a good place to gather up other things, like I
currently have a separate project that contains the cryptography APIs, and they
could probably be merged in here as well, along with some COM work.

At any rate, this might be useful to some.

-- William

- Shaping clay is easier than digging it out of the ground.