[ANN]LAPHLibs - core C style string routines, plus extras

  • From: William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:39:10 +0000

I've been working on a set of routines that make it fairly easy to work with
memory buffers.

The code is on GitHub here: https://github.com/Wiladams/LAPHLibs

Lua Application Programming Helper Libraries (LAPHLibs) provides things like
standard CString support: strlcpy, strlcat, strncasecmp, etc, as well as
memmove and the like.

In addition, there is some low level BitBang stuff, and as a kicker, MD5
implementation.

There is a writeup here:

http://williamaadams.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/introducing-laphlibs/

The general idea here is, while putting together a web services core, I found
that having the ability to manipulate raw buffers, without copying them into
Lua strings, was useful, and that others might benefit from being able to use
these routines.

I would love to have the lua string.match function available for straight
buffers as well.  Most of this network programming stuff could benefit from
what's available in Lua string library, as well as LPEG, only operating on
straight buffers, rather than Lua strings.

-- Willliam

- Shaping clay is easier than digging it out of the ground.

http://williamaadams.wordpress.com
http://www.thingiverse.com/WilliamAAdams
https://github.com/Wiladams