Re: Interested in lua2exe ?

  • From: Oliver Schneider <lua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:17:23 +0000

On 2012-07-19 09:33, QuentinC wrote:
> The problem with embedding lua51.dll into the executable itself or with
> linking statically to it is that it's impossible to require a lua
> library linked with an external lua51.dll afterwards. You'll need an
> external lua51.dll anyway... or explain me how to proceed.
Actually it should be possible. Bitsum offers a tool called PEBundle.
Basically, though, the part of the loader that may then require external
libraries that in turn require the Lua library will have to do some
hackery to catch attempts to load the Lua library. I think PEBundle
should work out of the box even, but I'm not sure. Haven't used it in
quite a while. The gist: it's possible but requires some mad hackery.

> I have another problem with luasocket and all other DLLs provided in the
> lua for windows pack, it is linked to lua5.1.dll and not lua51.dll, and
> I haven't found any other solution than distribute the DLL twice, what
> is of course basicly totally idiot.
Again, hooking LoadLibarayA/W (under the assumption that this is the
mechanism used by the external libs) will provide a method to help you
out here.

> Please tell me if I'm allowed to post a download link, or if I'm off topic.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious :)

// Oliver