Including compiled lua Code in a pre-build application

  • From: "Michael Taboada (AI5HF)" <ai5hf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:44:42 -0500

Hi,
My friend and I are looking into building a specialized game engine. I was
trying to get it to be as cross platform as possible, so stumbled across lua
and luajit. Now I have a few questions. Would it be possible, for example, to
create a binary file of my game engine C++ code, then compile the lua code with
luajit and then included in my binary, without having.The user of my game
engine to have a compiler and linker on their system? I'm just trying to figure
out the best way to include lua code in the application itself, without having
to have the user compile the code from scratch. It would also help if I could
do this with iOS, so the code could be pre compiled, and then just LinkedIn
before the application is built.
Thanks for any advice,
Michael.

Sent from my iPhone