Re: FFI newby question: importing C functions

  • From: Wolfgang Pupp <wolfgang.pupp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:48:58 +0200

>> I don't think so. The only way I found it to work is by
>> using __declspec(dllexport) + loading explicitely the exe.
>> All access tries through ffi.C failed on my own.

I can confirm that it's not necessary to load the exe explicitly when
you want to access its symbols (just as Mike said); just tested it
with mingw32 on 64bit win7.
I think it's very likely that you are doing something wrong :(
Are you sure that you execute the lua script *directly* from your exe,
and not via system("luajit script.lua") or something?

And don't ignore Dimiters advice about using Dependency Walker (at
http://www.dependencywalker.com/) it's a *very useful* tool on windows
for checking .exe/.dll- dependencies/exported symbols!

2012/6/26 Patrick Masotta <masottaus@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Being able to manually add functions to the table would be handy, when you do
> not want to expose them to other type of linking different than LUA code
> calls...

I'm curious- why would you want that? Obfuscation?

--Wolfgang