RE: FFI enums are now always boxed

  • From: William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:39:27 +0000

By Mike's brief "No", I take it he's referring to:

http://luajit.org/ext_ffi_semantics.html

Where it explicitly says: No Hand-holding

There's a fine line here I think.  There's a lot of

'convenience' being added to the FFI.  It can't

be helped that this will bleed into general

language usage.

Personally, I don't use enums if I don't have to,

preferring just plain number constants instead,

and I'm willing to change .h files to get that.

-- William