Re: FFI, cURL and function callback

  • From: "Pierre Chapuis" <catwell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:26:34 +0100

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM, pingon begand <sbronfion@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

>>> Why would you say that luasocket is not maintained?
>
>> Because it does not support Lua 5.2 yet.
>
> Still, luasocket is being developed, with last commit to GitHub repo
> only two months ago.

Yes, it is not obvious where luasocket development occurs but
this is the main branch:

https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/tree/unstable

As far as I know this branch can be used with 5.2.

That being said I am a bit annoyed with the speed at which
luasocket development progresses too. As you said the last
commit was two months ago, this is a long time for such an
important library that has not had a stable release for 5.2
yet. Moreover pull requests and valid bugs that are trivial to
fix have been sitting there for months too :(

I can understand that Diego is busy with his job at IMPA but
maybe it will be time for that project to get a new maintainer
soon.

(I am answering on the LuaJIT ML because this is where this
thread started but if someone wants to discuss this further
maybe it would be better to do so on the Lua ML.)

--
Pierre Chapuis