Re: FFI Reflection

  • From: Alek Paunov <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 16:09:50 +0300

Great start! Thank you!

I suppose that FFI+Refletion will serve as basis for bunch of new, cool serialization tools [*].

Personally, I am going to utilize the API for a several experiments with the sqlite bytecode (VDBE [1]) next weekends ;-).

Kind Regards,
Alek

[1] http://www.sqlite.org/cgi/src/artifact/87b8ff40?ln=37-75

[*] LuaJIT FFI+Reflection means possibility of the light, easy, efficient and portable serialization of the native data structures to the current message formats. (actually, the first *really* easy and right solution for real life C data graphs AFAIK).

IMO, this feature gives the practical chance for the users of many proven C libs to evolve and expand their cases according today's message oriented designs.

I am very optimistic about the above application popularity, once the first "cool" sample makes his way to the "front pages" :-).