Re: Extend debug.getlocal() to get varargs.

  • From: Basurita <basuraparabarspi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:52:34 -0300

On 2012/09/19 11:34 , Scott Lembcke wrote:
Awesome! Thanks Mike. :)

If anyone is interested, it's a simple CLI debugger that's just a single file
to drop into your project. I started it because it sounded potentially fun, but
it's actually pretty functional now. Does all the basic functions I wanted:
step, next, continue, finish, print/eval, up, down, trace. Getting the
environment correct for the print command was tricky, but I think it should
always give you the correct local / upvalue / global value based on the scope.
Now it can do vararg expressions in LuaJIT easily too. \o/

https://github.com/slembcke/debugger.lua

Cool!
We have a CLI in our current game engine and I was planning on extending it to
have a debugger when I have time, after the release.
Maybe your code will give me a couple of ideas. I'm going to check it out :-)

Lua is *seriously* in need of a *good* debugger that can be integrated into GUI
tools or has a GUI of its own.
I know there are a couple of attempts but they are either Windows only, or can
debug little scripts, or some niche use cases like that

BBB