Re: DynASM questions

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1208@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:24:48 +0200

Rahul Garg wrote:
> 2. How do I get started with DynASM?

http://luajit.org/download/DynASM-example.tar.gz

Fetch the latest DynASM from the dynasm directory of LuaJIT 2.0
git HEAD. Check out src/vm_arm.dasc. Note this is a static
generator for the ARM interpreter, not a JIT compiler.

Or have a look at the LuaJIT 1.x *.dasc/*.dash files for a simple
x86 JIT compiler.

> 3. What is the ARM instruction set coverage in DynASM? Are there
> significant pieces missing? I will primarily be targeting ARMv7
> devices and higher.

The latest DynASM in LuaJIT git HEAD supports all integer ARMv7
instructions (that are useful for a JIT compiler) plus the VFP
instructions. The "Advanced SIMD" instructions are missing, since
I didn't have a need for them yet. It's not that difficult to add
them, just tedious.

--Mike