DynASM questions

  • From: Rahul Garg <rahulgarg44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LuaJIT <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:39:57 -0400

Hi.

I am interested in using DynASM but not sure how to get into it.

Use case:
I have an existing dynamic code generation system that currently targets LLVM. I am trying to create an alternate target to DynASM. DynASM will only be used for ARM devices (for Android and Linux). For x86 and x86-64 devices I will continue to use LLVM.

Questions:
1. Does this make sense?
2. How do I get started with DynASM?
3. What is the ARM instruction set coverage in DynASM? Are there significant pieces missing? I will primarily be targeting ARMv7 devices and higher.

thanks,
Rahul