Re: Docs for allocation sinking optimization

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1207@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:25:27 +0200

Geoff Leyland wrote:
> I fixed (some of) the obvious flaws in the patch, tested a bit
> more, and am trying to extend it to SUBOV, but that's really not
> working.  Are there any pitfalls associated with subtraction?

Umm, no. The patch looked wrong, though. E.g. the ra_*() macros
belong to the register allocator, not anywhere else. And IR() is
for the current trace, not for the trace handled by snapshot
restore or replay.

Anyway, the more important thing would be to find out if sinking
these operations is actually beneficial for any realistic example.

--Mike