Re: Cdata/FFI feature proposition

  • From: QuentinC <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 11:19:18 +0200

> In general, you're not transmitting arbitrary data structures. If
both VMs have the same type definitions, you simply define a
shared C data structure, write to it and signal the other side to
read from it.

True. In fact I saw that it wasn't possible to pass structures easily across, as soon as they aren't pointers anymore. And one must pay attention to the GC to not be cleared too early.

> Speculating on potential usability, but not having an actual, practical
use case is rarely a good recipe for API design.

OK, so just forget that.

Thank you.