Re: C++ exceptions under Windows x86

  • From: liam mail <liam.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:50:42 +0000

Offtopic for the list, but anyway.

On 8 January 2013 10:42, Szymon Gatner <szymon.gatner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No offence to author of oolua but it looks terrible.

No offence taken, I have said on many occasions that OOLua may not
suit everyone.

> luabind uses TMP to correctly detect function / method signatures

Besides when templates do not help which I have commented on before in
lua-l [1].

>where oolua requires
> user to pass not only number but also a type of every function
> parameters.

Partly correct see [2][3] as this is not always required and depends
on the compiler being used.

[1] With respect to needing to supply parameters, so if I am correct
then what you find awkward is not the way parameters use traits yet
the fact that parameters are actually needed?
When creating the library I tried to provide a clean and consistent
way of proxying a function, you may have ran into one of the problems
which I needed to avoid in that C++ allows multiple functions which
the same unmangled name that have different signatures. When this
happens in LuaBind you give it a helping hand by casting the function
to the correct signature when registering the class. OOLua can not do
this and as a result the design forces the user to use a consistent
method whilst also allowing you to specify special traits for the
parameters.
[2]
http://code.google.com/p/oolua/wiki/CheatSheet#Platform_supports_variadic_macros
[3] http://code.google.com/p/oolua/wiki/CheatSheet#Platform_is_g++_or_mscv