Re: Android programming with luajit and ffi

  • From: Michal Kottman <k0mpjut0r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:42:26 +0200

On 21 June 2012 15:12, Olivier Goudron <olivier.goudron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have not yet tried AndroLua. Do you think i can use it for programming
> "first class" Android applications ?

AndroLua is a proof-of-concept of having Lua embedded in an Android
application. It was not meant to be used as a tool for "first class"
Android application. There are other frameworks for that (think
Corona). I am not sure if AndroLua is suitable for such task. There
are a lot of things in Android API that require Java access (LuaJava
does not work with arrays for example).

> If yes, what are your plan for AndroLua future ?

When I get to it, the first thing I want to do is to try to link
LuaJava to LuaJIT, preferably statically. If that does not work out, I
would try to make the libluajit-5.1.so work with the Android NDK.