Re: [ANN] Looking for new LuaJIT maintainers

  • From: Elias Hogstvedt <eliashogstvedt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 02:06:21 +0200

First of all thank you for making luajit. I have personally spent years of
my freetime developing a game engine/game framework for learning and
personal use entirely in luajit. Kind of like how you'd make a game engine
in c# or python, which may in some cases be useful for testing luajit. The
code base is pretty big and turning off jit can make a 3d scene go from 200
to 15 fps so jit here is very important.

http://www.github.com/CapsAdmin/goluwa

I dont know much about how luajit works internally so I guess I'll keep on
talking about and promoting luajit when appropriate.
On 4 Aug 2015 05:48, "Lesley De Cruz" <lesley.decruz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 31 July 2015 at 15:49, Mike Pall <mike-1507@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It has been almost 10 years since the first public release of LuaJIT.
It's time for me to move on.

Thank you very much for creating this fantastic tool, and for
dedicating all your research into LuaJIT to the public domain -- the
value of this hardly be overstated!

If you would like to help shape the future of LuaJIT as part of a team
of maintainers, please apply here on the mailing list. Thank you!

I'd love to help in any small way I can. Depending on how much this
work can be parallelized, I could perhaps help prepare the public
(regression) test suite.

--
Best regards,
Lesley