Re: [ANN] Looking for new LuaJIT maintainers

  • From: "Vyacheslav Egorov" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "vegorov@xxxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 13:30:47 +0200

Mike,

First of all, thanks for creating and maintaining LuaJIT for so long -
it's a powerful tool and a very inspiring project.

I am personally definitely interested in helping to maintain it going
forward (depending on how things are going to be set up with this).

I have a somewhat procedural question: are you going to open-source
your private test suite?

Last time people asked about it the answer was

I have a test suite. But I cannot easily release it because I made
the mistake to just collect snippets from everywhere with various
attributions and copyrights and didn't bother to write down where
I got them from. I really don't have the time or energy to sort it
all out.

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.luajit/3842

I wonder if you would consider revisiting this decision: having a
public testsuite seems to be even more important now that you are
going to transition maintenance to a separate group of people.

// Vyacheslav Egorov