RE: [ANN] LJIT2pixman - LuaJIT binding to libpixman

  • From: William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:42:12 +0000

Not totally out of the question. I did do an X11 a little while back;

https://github.com/wiladams/LJIT2X11

Wayland is smaller and better behaved?

But, honestly, now that I've gone all the way down the stack to evdev, udev,
gdm, Khronos, you could relatively easily reconstruct a Wayland without
actually 'binding' to it at all. This might be a better approach when you're
using these new small dev board computers. You basically don't need the X11
protocol getting anywhere in the picture if you just want to throw up some UI
in a "window".

I think it would be great to create a Window manager completely in LuaJIT.

But yah, sure, when I have a few spare hours...

-- William

=============================== - Shaping clay is easier than digging it out of
the ground.

From: mva@xxxxxxxx
To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ANN] LJIT2pixman - LuaJIT binding to libpixman
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 21:40:25 +0600

And what about bindings to wayland-family libs? :D

--
Best regards,
mva