RE: [ANN] LJIT2X11 - These bindings go to 11!

  • From: William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 04:56:59 +0000

Btw, good thing you didn't start off with XCB like I did. All that
plug for XCB on their website and not a single mention of the fact
that XCB is not compatible with OpenGL because of some technicality.
You have to go dig the mailing list or find out the hard way like I
did. Consortium-grade job :)

I discovered the XCB/OpenGL problem too. Such a pain.

I feel like there IS a way to hack around the issue, but I got
distracted from the project before I ever got that far.

I guess I avoided a mess because my needs were simple.  I needed just enough X
to get Egl working, so that is actually fairly minimal.  So, I just implemented
the
headers that had those things in them.

But, now that I'm in the mix, I might just go a bit further, like turning that
keysim
thing into a nice lua table for machine manipulation.

It's interesting, if esoteric, stuff.