[lptv] Re: Ad insertion...

  • From: Rick <rickg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lptv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 14:44:25 -0500

   If I may ask, are clients willing to pay 4x more for the HD feed for non-news programming or is local and news all that is on the HD feed.

---
Richard Goetz
(615) 826-0792
rickg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2022-05-30 14:10, Kelly T. Wallingford wrote:

main on HD and three SD's

Kelly T. Wallingford

President

    On Monday, May 30, 2022, 11:18:54 AM EDT, Rick <rickg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you running SD or HD on your streams?

---
Richard Goetz
(615) 826-0792
rickg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2022-05-28 20:15, Kelly T. Wallingford wrote:

We went through that education here!  Masterplay is working very good for us here with network dtmf tones.  We had to 'beef up" the tones with some addional equipment to make them fire reliably.   We do local insertion on 3 channels.  We use ONE log.  So advertisers get the same schedule on all three of the stations we do local insertion on.   We sell ROS packages. 5 :30s per day and 1 overnight for a flat monthly fee. (x 3 stations is 18 per day!) We sell higher rates on our local news or locally originated programming (which always is an easy sell)

Kelly T. Wallingford

President

    On Saturday, May 28, 2022, 06:17:58 PM EDT, Jon C. Moon <jonmoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     I'm curious, what do most of you use equipment-wise for ad insertion on national networks?  MasterPlay or other equipment?  Is there any equipment out there that can handle multiple channels of insertion?   And do most of you sell Run of Schedule (RoS) or scheduled spots?  Do advertisers want daypart scheduling?   Do networks still use DTMF tones to trigger avails or is there some other method new receivers use?  Are you using SDI for your setups?   Thanks for any insight.  It's been a long time since I dealt with ad insertion.  I have a few ideas in my head for a possible future development project...
Jon C. Moon Ridgeline TV www.ridgelinetv.net Streaming online:  |  ROKU  |  FIRE TV  | www.christianworldmedia.com www.ginikousa.com https://gia.tv

PNG image

PNG image