[lpgma-board] Minutes of General Meeting of March 11, 2015

  • From: Bill Kate Shumate <wkshu5071@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lpgma board <lpgma-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 10:33:03 -0700

The Las Palmas Grand Members Assoc. met on March 11,2015 at 7 P.M.  Members
present were: Kate Shumate, Ken Sime, Sue Sime, Fran Williams and Tom Belsan.
Absent: Terri Parker.

The flag was missing so there was no Pledge of Allegiance prior to the meeting.
Kate welcomed those who came to the meeting and thanked them for attending.
Kate announced that Judi Reifschneider had sold her home and was no longer in
the park or on the Board.  We are in need of volunteers to serve on the Board.

Fran read the Board meeting summary.

Kate reported that there had been requests from many of the residents regarding
changing the night of the meeting.  After consulting with Nancy on nights
available it was decided we would hold the meetings on the second Tuesday of
the month at the regular time of 7 PM.  Kate asked if anyone was interested in
having the meetings during the day after Java time on Thursdays....no-one
showed any interest in that time, they preferred evenings.

A few residents questioned the form that was requested by the office regarding
proof of age.  Kate said the proof of age requirement is needed to maintain our
plus 55 status.  If we do not have a certain percentage required by HUD we
would have to let all ages purchase or rent our homes.  A resident that had
moved here from Monte Vista said they were no longer a 55 plus community.
There are school buses picking up students and a lot of families moving in with
children.  She urged everyone to fill out the forms & get them back to the
office.

Kim Shumate  announced a talent show, bake sale, and silent auction was going
to be held to benefit a residents family and she had tickets if anyone was
interested.  It was being put on by friends of the family.

A long discussion was held regarding the Chapel issue.  The Board said Rose has
interviewed some people and is working on getting a non-denominational service.
 There were a lot of suggestions from the residents regarding the pastor they
would like to have.  The Board said it is ongoing & would bring the residents
up to date once they know anything.

A resident asked about the proceeds from the Bingo here at LPG.  At LP they
keep the money from Bingo because they were the ones who started it.  At Las
Palmas Grand it was the activity office that started the Bingo, so the funds go
back to the activity office to help fund the activities and shows.

Several residents asked how the increase in rents was figured.  Kate told them
to make an appointment with Kerin, she would be able to explain in detail how
the rents are figured & increased.  We would try to have her at a meeting in
the fall to talk about that issue.

Some residents asked about the rentals and were told the rentals are checked
and a background check done before they move into the park.  The owner of the
unit would pay for the background check.

A question was asked about the money that was received by each park.  All the
properties are self supporting, in other words all the income & expenses at LPG
is from LPG and not other properties.

Since there was no further business, a drawing was held for the 50/50 prize of
$47 and 4 door prizes were given out.

The meeting adjourned at 8 PM.

Respectfully submitted,
Tom Belsan, Secretary